August 21, 2009

Sara is: Full!

Full day today. I began the new dessert menu at work, and it reads as follows:


Dark chocolate bread pudding with spiced orange coulis and salted caramel ice cream

Rustic Jam Tart with handmade blueberry jam and lemon berry frozen yoghurt

Sweet Corn Crema with black cherry compote and cornmeal doughnuts






Bread puddings


On a totally different note, I think La Mexicana in Newport, KY is the most authentic Mexican restaurant I have ever seen! I just finished eating both a huitlacoche and a tripe soft taco! The tripe was absolutely amazing.

If you don't know, huitlacoche is actually a fungus that infects corn, and makes it look black and squishy and gross, essentially. Like severely overcooked spinach. It's an ancient mexican food, but in this country it hasn't especially caught on, due to the fact that the organism was considered a blight by the government up until recently.
I had a harder time trying it than I thought I would, and I'm not sure why, really. I'm usually alright with foods that don't look especially appealing, though, I have to say: huitlacoche is on the top of my list of most disgusting looking foods. All in all, I ate it. I didn't love it, but I ate it.


Fuuuuuungus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full?