August 20, 2009

Sara is: Blogging!

First post accomplished! This is a space for recipes, photographs, ideas and updates from my life as a pastry chef. Currently, my schedule looks insane! By September 5 I need 800 brownies, 300 chocolate chip cookies, 300 oatmeal raisin, 250 sugar cookies, 500 cupcakes, and 120 miniature pies. That is on top of my normal duties of daily bread (sourdough and foccacia),hamburger buns, and 5 different desserts for the restaurant! I will have plenty of pictures, especially of the pies, since that is a personal catering adventure with Samantha, posted in this space soon. For now, check this out:




It's a Gubana, the concept of which was taken straight from the pages of Gina DiPalma's Babbo Cookbook. I used her dough, but created my own filling. I constructed it at work for Brunch a Sunday or two ago. Essentially, it's a pastry made of handmade danish dough, which I painstaking constructed the day before (took forever), and then rolled around a filling of figs, chocolate, citrus, and nuts, cinnamon roll style. It's glazed, baked, and enjoyed! It was delicously buttery and tender with just enough sweetness. If I remember tomorrow I'll post the recipe. For now, however, it is time for bed, so I can get enough rest for an early day tomorrow. With any luck, I'll have some pictures of freshly baked breads for you!


Goodnight,

Sara

1 comment:

Full?